Wednesday, April 22, 2015

Day 5 - Diamond Head and Gala

We started the day by hiking up Diamond Head Crater. This was something that I was excited about because I knew we would get to see some great scenery. Toby and I were both expecting it would be a tough hike and it was. There were lots of steep grades and about a million stairs. Maybe not a million but it sure felt like it! I wasn't expecting going through a super long dark tunnel then at the very top climbing through a cave on my hands and knees to get out!
                                              Looking into the middle of the crater.

                                           View from the bottom before we started the hike.


                                                   Tunnel that we walked through






It was amazing at the top and totally worth it.  Definitely outside of my comfort zone but so glad we did it. Toby said as we were walking through the tunnel I was getting faster and faster and I might have almost ran over a little Japanese lady. oops! I have never been so ready to see light at the end of a tunnel in all my life!

After this we came back to resort and ate lunch at one of the restaurants here.



                                                  

The Gala last night was beautiful! It is so much fun to get all dressed up. I love looking at all the beautiful dresses. Some were truly amazing! This night always makes me so thankful for these wonderful opportunities that the Lord has blessed us with.






         We have had so much fun but we are ready to come home! Love and miss you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment