Friday, July 6, 2012

Faith

My husband is a preacher and that obviously makes me a pastor's wife. I often wonder what my job is and why the Lord placed me in this position. I believe with all my heart that God knew from the moment my husband was born (even before) that he would be preaching the word. I've been thinking a lot lately about what the lord would have me to do in the ministry. Right now my place is to support my husband, take care of my children and fill in anywhere I can help in the church. Since I was young, my heart has always been with the children. Lately I feel that God has been redirecting me. My heart hurts, it aches and I agonize over married couples (especially young married couples with children) who are struggling in their marriage. So many end up quitting and that leads to divorce. Many are Christians who believed when they first got married that this would never happen. Toby and I do not have a perfect marriage, no one does. We do have a marriage that we are willing to work at. And work is definitely what it takes.

No comments:

Post a Comment