Monday, April 20, 2015

Day 3-Hawaii

Good news...we didn't wake up until 5:45 this morning! I guess that is better than 4:30.  The time change has been a lot tougher than I thought! I'm sure when it is time to go home we will be finally sleeping late. :)

Last night was the welcome dinner. It was in a beautiful setting right on the ocean with hula and fire dancers. The food and entertainment were great.




The following morning (Sunday morning) we all got up early and headed to Pearl Harbor. I have to admit this wasn't something that was at the top of my list of things to do. I knew that Toby really wanted to so I was following along. I am SO glad that I went! I can't imagine coming here and not seeing this great piece of history. It was very emotional and sad but you walk away so thankful to live in America! Today was really special at Pearl Harbor because it was Survivors Day. There are only 4 remaining survivors left on Hawaii  and all of them were there but one. I think there are 1500 nationwide. 


This man has written a book about his experience so we were able to buy it and he got to sign it for us.





This was in the middle of the memorial that has been built over the USS Arizona ship that was sunk. The ship is still underneath the water.


We came back to the beach and decided to paddleboard for the first time.  We only rented one board so we took turns to begin with.



                       We decided that Toby was either too tall or too uncoordinated.  So this is what the rest               of the hour looked like. Me, rowing him around while he sat on the front of the board. We                    definitely had a good laugh over it and I think others around us did too!

Later that night the whole office went out to eat. We sat down to eat at 8:00 and didn't leave the restaurant until 10:30! Everyone had to keep saying "Hailey, wake up!" I could not keep my eyes open! 


Today we are heading to the North Shore to watch the surfers. More pictures to come!

Love and miss you all!


No comments:

Post a Comment