Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Fourth of July weekend...

We celebrated Fourth of July all weekend with 4 different cookouts and lots of family time. Friday night we took the kids to Price Park and had a picnic supper with KFC. The kids got to wade in the creek.

Saturday we took the kids to a parade then had a block party on our road. I didn't even take my camara to the block party :(

Sunday we went to church then had a cookout/singing that afternoon at church. So thankful for a wonderful church family! And... I forgot my camera again :(

Yesterday Toby was off so we went to Tweetsie. It started raining about 3 hours after we got there so we didn't get to do as much as we wanted but it was fun.




I have to tell a story about Grant at Tweetsie. Last year we went to Tweetsie and watched the clogging show. They asked all the kids to come on stage and dance. Well Grant was soooo embarrased (to say the least). So this year he said he was absolutely NOT going on stage. I told him that was fine he didn't have to. Well when the clogger asked all the kids to come up Grant and a few other boys were still sitting in the audience. The clogger came around and gave them all "shakers" and asked them to stand up and take so many steps forward. That landed all of them right on stage! Grant was not happy. I had to get some pictures...
Last night we went to eat with Toby's family then just came home and shot off fireworks. I think we were exhausted from a weekend of go, go, go!

No comments:

Post a Comment